Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cayetano Valenzuela at Aisle 1 Gallery

Cayetano Valenzuela
Night Breathing
“My paintings are a sort of documentation and exploration of memory, personal relationships and the underbelly of the American cultural landscape. By using a range of mark making and line work I build the image within a few layers. In the paintings I allow imagery from one instance to blend into another like a seamless collage.The logic of memory works very much like the logic of dreaming and that idea has been one of the underpinnings of my work and something that I am just really fascinated by. I try to combine the fluidity of memory with a delicate line and modulated color washes that cast a poetic resonance to capture the character of a memory caught midstream.”
Find Cayetano on Facebook
blog.cayetanovalenzuela.com

Feb 25, 2012

Closing reception Saturday 6 – 8 pm.
Music performance by Vertibro
Find Vertibro on Myspace.


Aisle 1 Gallery
2627 Cherokee Street,
St. Louis MO 63118
Phone: 314 330 8869

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
http://bestmile.blogspot.com/